Monday, June 16

Packing in blogs


There has been a few rumblings of bloggers finishing up in the last few weeks (well..two I think) and Sinead Gleeson has actually done just that. On top of that, The Butterfly Explosion broke up, Ireland voted no to the Lisbon Treaty and there is a lot of negativity in the air. I know all three of you loyal Therewillbebloggers are wondering and I promise I will not leave you stranded. Never.
My inane pointlessness - infrequently published along with some gig reviews, album reviews, domestic titbits and the like - will continue, unashamedly poisoning your eyeholes for as long as I can possibly manage. Some blogs are filled with hard work, dedication and research - this is not one of those. Instead, this is a place where the effluent runs freely, gushing from the synaptic activity of my addled mind right down into my fingertips and onto this very site. There is no retirement plan here. Keep your pantaloons on.
Not blogging was the new blogging. Now blogging is the new not blogging. That's how I roll.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can keep your blog when all about you are losing theirs..
Bastardised Kipling fits any occassion!

Aidan said...

What I find funny is that there are all these RIP announcements. Why don't they just stop posting? That way they can always start again later, it's all so dramatic like the world has ended or something.

Adam said...

Yeah, there's a tang of seriousness around the oul blogosphere sometimes isn't there? I suppose if there are alot of readers, it's fair enough to let them know what you are at. Judging by the huge amount of comments on certain blogs, there are a good amount of people to inform if you are gonna stop blogging.

Anonymous said...

I've seen this before, the public, preemptive denial, soon we will have the reports of tapping up and eventually a competing passtime/profession will swoop in and unveil you in a blaze of publicity, a few keepie uppies and a photo op with a scarf aloft. thats it isnt it?

Paul Murphy said...

The Butterfly Explosion have split. But why?
I wonder if any of them are looking for a new band

ben said...

Proper bobbins is all that sheeite. Like me missus' sweet potato. sunsheeeine.
Blogger 4 life yo. Keep it (blog)reel.

ctrl/alt/delete said...

hey so i never did the meme thing , but i got taged for this Seven Songs Blog Chain, and i have done it and i need to tag seven other people so tag your it.
what it is , is post 7 songs your into at the moment.
more info and my picks at
http://physicsofaunicycle.blogspot.com/2008/06/seven-songs-blog-chain.html

Anonymous said...

"Not blogging was the new blogging. Now blogging is the new not blogging." - Genius!